CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Weeks recipe:

This has been an interesting week. We have had a dash of going everywhere, a pinch of what was I thinking, sprinkled with fun and enjoyment! :-)

Tuesday was such day! I don't remember much of it because it was more than 3 days ago. :-) But I do have happy feelings about it. :-) So let's go to Wednesday! This week was parent teacher conferences starting with early release Wednesday - Friday. My appointment was Wednesday. I had my list of questions and asked them in sweet rapid fire as I didn't want to forget anything even though I had a few pages of bullet points to help jog my memory. :-) I found out the Steven is doing really good in his class. There is some room for improvement on reading aloud but he is on his level of reading there are just quite a few who are reading at a way higher level than 1st grade. I remember I used to be super nervous reading out loud as a child too. It is apparently a normal thing although I remember thinking something was wrong with me when I was his age. Steven has gotten all E's (which are A+'s) besides penmanship...which was an S, this is because of 2 reasons - 1.) Steven has other things to do and rushes through or 2.) He feels his letters are lacking and likes to create designs or embellishments on the letters. :-) To me, these things are fine but we will work on taking our time and embellishing letters on our art projects. :-)

After our Parent Teacher conference I took the boys to the MOSH!! They love this place!!! Mosh had a new exhibit... Grossology!!! and it was gross but really fascinating. I found myself repulsed and fascinated at the same time. I would have had pictures but I left my camera at he house. So I missed capturing the boys excitement and learning. :-( They had some really cool things like this submarine that you can look through portholes and see and then read about cool underwater creatures. After that you can climb through part of the sub and then slide down a slide. Which was done many times by Steven and then after Joshua over came his fear he joined in. :-)

After our time at the Mosh I took the boys out to Al's Pizza - $1 per slice from 2-5. :-) So we had a yummy early dinner we got there around 4:45 and had a blast. Although during our blast, milk was spilled on my cell phone so I can't retrieve any of my voice-mails or use the select button which allows me to do quite a bit. Then it was off to church which the boys always love going! Then back to home and bed time.

Thursday was a day of errands, I was called in to do a typing test with a company my sis-in-law sort of works for but then got a call that the manager who was sick and we rescheduled, which was not a problem because I had walked out of the house without any make-up and didn't have my make-up kit with me. So I visited with sweet Alana while Joshua visited with his cousins. I'm so glad I could catch up with her! (Alana, you are a blessing and a great encourager!!) Then Joshua and I goofed around, we went to Walmart to by Halloween candy for my parents while Joshua sweetly slept in the back of the cart. Don't worry, I had a super soft blanket I laid down for him first, using the extra blankie to make a pillow then put his blankie in his hands. :-) He was so sweet looking. There I enjoyed a blissful 1 hour and 1/2 strolling around just looking at stuff and then getting the candy. It was nice not having to rush around and actually browse.

Still on Thursday.... Joshua finally awoken when I was loading up the candy purchases in the trunk. So with still an hour or so to burn we went to the library at our church and we read many books. Finally it was time to get Steven... I had let him stay after early release so he could go to his martial arts class. We go to pick up Steven and find out that they canceled the martial arts class because of early release!! Uhg... My poor house hasn't seen me in the last 3 days until late at night!! So we packed up and head to the big M for something to eat before my Apples of Gold Dinner at the church! It was another busy day and the boys and I were so tired by the end of it. But once we got home after 9:00, I needed to make rice krispie treats for Steven's class the next day. So Steven help make 2 batches and I put 2 pans in the fridge to set over night so I could use my pumpkin cookie cutter and make the treats in the shape of pumpkins. :-)

Ok this post is getting too long!!! :-) Even for me, who loves to read and write dissertations. :-) I'll continue later tomorrow... This is a cliff hanger!!!! what will happen next? Will Jen and her family every get to see their home? Will Friday turn out the way she plans??? Find out next time when you read...Adventures in the Linglebells Blog! :-) Yes, I have been listening to too many Adventures in Odyssey in the car. :-)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I carved joshua's pumpkin but it broke so Jen carved a new face on it and saved the day... she also did a wonderful job making Steven's Scooby Doo outfit from scratch. :)

Post a Comment