Saturday was a hysterical blur for me... I'm of course exaggerating the hysterical part but it was very frustrating. Here is how Saturday was supposed to go. Steve leaves for the Riverside Marketplace - all day. I take the boys to see "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs", lunch, haircuts, play at the OP Mall play ground and then run to Publix for a few things, 5 to be exact.
Seems simple enough... oh but it did not happen so simply. First off, my two boys decided to change things up on me. During the movie, Steven was great he asked a few questions but for the most part enjoyed it. Joshua on the other hand was more interested in the people in front of him or rather their seats. Part of the movie was keeping Joshua in his seat and the other part was answering his question..."what did he say?" multiple times. Thus further reminding me, what was I thinking bringing Joshua to a movie and expecting him to watch it. I am at fault for this one, I should know better.
Lunch was next. I took to the boys to 5 guys we had 40 minutes before their haircut. Asking the boys what would they like a hot dog or a hamburger? Both insisted on hot dogs. Once the order came they had changed their minds and did not want their hot dogs. Steven took a look at his and decided it must not taste good. Joshua took a sniff at his and deemed his yucky. After some coaxing and then telling them too bad that is what you wanted plus both telling me they are hungry, Steven eats most of his hot dog; taking multiple sips of his drink to mask the taste. Joshua flat out refused to eat it as well as stay in his seat. Another mistake by me, I should know better than take him to a movie and then sit down to eat! I must be insane!
Haircuts was the next order of the day. Oh boy!!! On a normal day, my boys do fantastic with their hairs being cut. In fact the hairdresser loves when they come and the other hair stylist make a comment on how well behaved they are etc, etc. Not so in this case. Today was the day they did not want to listen to one word I said. While Joshua was obediently getting his hair chopped - he was very good for that part - I regret to have left my camera at home because at one point both Steven and Joshua were making adorable faces in the mirror while their hair was being cut. Any how, that was on the only sweet part. Steven decided to make a ride out of one of the spare chairs and Joshua just flat out had a 3 year old temper. By this time my patience had met it's match. Due to their behavior I told them each that they would not be going to play on the playground. Which ensued in a crying fit by Joshua from Belk to the front of the mall towards the theater where we were parked. Oh while Joshua was having his fit, Steven decided to play an internal game and was weaving in and out of the square blocks. Passerby's were having to dodge him. Which lead to multiple times stopping and pointing out to him he needed to pay attention and look up. The exit to the mall seemed to take an eternity.
My next stop had to be Publix. By the time the boys were in the car they knew mommy was very upset. I told them what I expected while we went in. I was really trying to avoid going but Steve was not able to go and that meant I had to go. With out going into more long boring tale, I left Publix almost in tears by my little monster boys. As I look back at it they weren't really that bad but it was not to my standards at all.
Once I got home, there was restrictions all around. The boys sweetly apologized and said they were sorry many times. By the time Steve got home at the end of the day, I was a mess. I was supposed to meet a friend but by that time I didn't even want to go. After Much coaxing by Steve he and the boys drove me to her house. Where, I was so uptight, I really didn't have that much fun. I had wished I stayed home and shut myself in my room or went to Joanns.
That was the end of my horrible day. A new day come Sunday and all is right with the world. Steve and I pack up the car and head out to Universal Studio's. This was the first time we got to go as a family. This was the cheapest trip ever, gas was lower than normal, plus an inexpensive meal.
The boys were back to their normal selves and the monsters the day before had been vanquished. Oh yeah, it rained as soon as we got there. For about an hour. :-) Aw, fun days! It didn't even bother me nor Steve that it rained, we just determined to have a nice day as a family and it was! Here are some pics telling our tale of the day.
On our way to the park:

Waiting off to the side while daddy redeems our free tickets:


Joshua asking me what's that noise?
Thunder honey... And then it pours for about an hour. :-)
Despite the rain, we all had a blast! I'll post more pics on FB, I think I've reached my photo limit. :-)
1 comments:
That's my wife! Thank you darling for posting the story. I might add that I fixed a flat tire on Saturday night while Jen was at her little get together. :) Hurray for me! The boys watched and were so happy that the tire didn't blow up. Steven was actually worried about this.
Post a Comment