So in the van I got to thinking how much I really missed teaching and subbing, then the idea forms in my head. Hey, maybe I can sub at FBA, Steven's new school. So I gave them a call and found out how to apply. Then this afternoon, I got a call from them and they had wanted me to work tomorrow from 7:00 am -2:00! Wow what a blessing! Although I am not able to help out tomorrow, they will keep me in mind. So I'm praying that God will continue to bless and lead me into the job that is right for me and our circumstances with Steven.
Typing of Steven... He has had some amazing days!! God is so good to us!! I have really been feeling His presence and He is moving in such a big way. :-D I checked out his school scores he has been doing on his quizzes and tests. It's through this cool online program that posts all homework assignments, quizzes and test scores, behavior and much, much more. It's a dream come true for me. :-) He is doing amazing so far!! Math, Science, Social Studies and Bible are all 100's!! Reading and Spelling are an A and a B!! :-) His speech therapy has been really doing wonders with his reading. I'm such a proud momma that I'll share about our last visit of therapy. This is your Warning that I'm going to brag and pretend that my child is the only bright one ever made. :-) We have a new speech therapist because the one we had seen all summer left to work in the school system. Well, this speech teacher is really intrigued with Steven's IQ. She finds they way he converses and thinks to bring out his speech is interesting has told me the last 2 times that he is really smart. Of course I know he is smart. :-D So our next visit, she will be giving him some comprehension tests that are equivalent to IQ tests. I can't wait to find out what they will be. I already know Steven is a very logical and analytical thinker. I can't wait to find out how he does. :-)
Ok, now on to today! We had another great day today. I'm praying that the Joshua fits are a thing of the past! I don't mind one popping up every now and then but please not everyday for multiple times through out the day. :-P Joshua and I played cars, actually he played cars while I told him mine would "hide" by my sewing machine.
I have had so many loose ended sewing projects that they were really starting to get to me. So I decided that I would finally finish them all up today! Ha! Ha! What a dreamer I am! :-) I sometimes forget that time moves forward and I don't live in a time warp where everything stands still until I'm finished. :-) I made 3 shorts and finished the an adorable purple dress,
The adorable purple dress that had brought me to tears and frustration a few weeks ago.

I still have to make Steven his pair of shorts and then finish another dress. Then I will be off to unleash the idea monster living inside me wanting to sew all day long. :-) I do have to reign it in a bit because I have all these great ideas and my concept of time mixed with how long it actually takes to make something from start to finish totally clash! On top of that, I have tons of things I'm committed to and I have to find the time to squeeze it in. I'm working on trying to manage my time and do it well but I have to be careful not to go too over board. :-) I am constantly over extending myself. I'm sure in the next 30 years, I'll figure a way to find the happy medium but until then, if you see me with crazed eyes and snappish words. That is your clue that I have done it again and scheduled myself too much. :-)
With that being written, I do enjoy sewing. It really relaxes me and I find myself excited about what I'm making. I'll post a few images of the clothes and as I finish more, I'll add them too. Here is Joshua super happy about his shorts mommy made him!! Sometimes I think he just likes to ham it up in front of the camera. :-D

0 comments:
Post a Comment