The last few days has been trying. The boys have been sick since last Tuesday night and Wednesday. ( I think I'll spare everyone the yucky noses and fever stuff) Towards the end of last week Steven started telling me he is getting car sick. WHOA!! That means throwing up in my book and I do not handle that very well. Give me a bloody limb, nose or anything but that! I'm a sympathetic puker. (not to be gross but I am) Anyhow... he has been telling me this the last few times we have been in the van. Well, I immediately try not to panic although I'm close and tell Steven to breath in and out just keep breathing we will get there soon.
Today I pick Steven up from his Martial Arts class and after 5 minutes in the van he tells me he is getting car sick. Yikes!! I'm in downtown traffic. I will not be home for at least 25 to 30 minutes! Time to be calm... I ask him what feels sick - "I feel sick" he tells me. Trying to learn more and figure out where I can pull over on the freeway bridge - I ask again, what part of you feels sick. "My head hurts" Ok, we are getting somewhere, I start to relax. After asking more questions to get more specific, I then ask this money question, "Steven, what do you think car sick means." His priceless answer, "it means being sick of cars. I'm sick of being in this car. " Ha! HA! I'm still smiling over it now that I'm writing it out.
What a relief!! These last few days my stomach has been in knots each time he tells me he is getting car sick and now I learn what he thinks this means. Ha!! Well, for all you mom's out there, the next time your child tells you they are car sick save yourself a few agonizing seconds and ask them what they think that means. Maybe they are actually sick or maybe they are like Steven sick of being in a car. :-)
SUCH PATIENCE IS IN LOVE
6 years ago
2 comments:
Woohoo!! First commenter!! Welcome to the blog world!
That's a great story too! What a silly boy.
Post a Comment