CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Bitten Three Ways...






I decided to skip the last week as I really can't remember all the sweet and adorable things my boys did. :-) I do know that I was busy with Mom stuff and at the school for more student mom stuff. Oh, I'm working on a Harvest Party for Steven's 1st grade class. It is going to be so much fun!!! I can not believe that next week is Thanksgiving!!! Where has the time gone?

So, I have gotten the "Sewing Bug" again; yes it has bitten me and it has bitten me hard. This week I finished and made three adorable dresses. I know it sounds conceded but they are really cute!!! :-) I was so excited and love each one... Here they are:

The Lollie:


The Anna:

The Samantha:

After finishing these dresses, I decided to teach a good friend of mine to sew for her girls. We meet last night and we went to Joann's and had so much fun picking out fabric for her pattern. Then it was back to my house for the not so fun part cutting out the pattern and then pinning the fabric to the pattern piece and then cutting it out. We had another friend over too and she cross stitched while I taught... man I did not realize how confusing it can get when you lay your fabric out and making sure you cut the right way. :-) But we still had fun. The sewing party will be continued later on this week sometime in the evening. :-)

While, my sewing successor was pinning and cutting, I decided to work on my Christmas gifts for my nephews!! They are turning out super cute!!! I won't post the results until after Christmas or when they get them... it needs to be a surprise but I will tell you I am going to have some fun taking pictures! :-) After they are finished it is on to my nieces, which I'm doubly excited. :-) I'm bursting to spill the beans, I know two of my readers already know what I'm doing but they don't know what they will look like!!! :-) I'm terrible at keeping surprises...it takes everything with in me to keep quiet!! I have to avoid people just to make sure I don't look too excited and they wonder what's wrong with me. :-)

Oh, I must add this activity to my post. Last week Steven was in his schools First Ever... Annual Appeals Concert. It was so funny and good all at the same time. I was really surprised at how well everyone did! They had about 3 months or less to learn a bunch of songs and the band did a great job. Most of them picked up their instruments within the 3 month time frame. :-) I tried to get great pics but my camera's battery died on me. :-( But I did get some sweet shots of Anna at the concert, she was so attentive and such a joy!!! Thankfully Alana saved the day and let me take some super clear shots of Steven's head. Each time I found him not behind someone or a speaker, as I snapped the Money shot, he would turn his head! :-) Oh, well. It was still funny to see all the K-6 graders sit up on the stage behaving so well! I did see Steven make a small airplane out of his hands discreetly flying it around. :-) One of the best parts of the show for Steven was after the show. He LOVED showing Anna off to all his friends! :-) He was so funny how serious he was introducing her with his hands like a blade and would sweep his arm in Anna's direction. :-) What a boy! He loves his cousins.

Here are a few shots of Anna at the Concert :-)

Sitting ever so sweetly on her Daddy's lap


Wanting food and look adorable at the conflict within her about getting more food or watching the concert


The few pics I got of Steven didn't even show up! :( Maybe I'll "borrow" Alana's pics once she has them posted...come on Alana post them, post them! just kidding, just kidding about kidding, no really just kidding. *sorry for everyone who finds that annoying. :-)

So far this has been a wonderful past few weeks, I have remained ultra busy to the point of wondering what did I do? :-) This will probably be the speed I'll be on until after December. :-) I'm looking forward to Steven's Thanksgiving break and then his BIRTHDAY!!! Oh, my boy can't be turning 7!!! Ok, back to denial... until I'm ready to deal with that one. :-) More post about another action packed week to come... :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment