CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 27, 2010

Letter to my body...

Dear body...I know you are getting older but you can grow old gracefully. As you know you have birthed 2 boys that need their mommy's full time attention. Injuries to other parts of the body can only be tolerated in moderation. Ie- Back when you plan to go out you must snap back into place in 1,2, or 3 days tops. I am giving you some leniency since you are the back bone of this body.

Immune system, White and Red blood cells - Good job on your excellent effort from keeping me ill and catching all the yucky stuff that seems to hone in on my children like bugs to light. You have done such an exemplary job!! As well as my muscles who enjoy a good work out now and then and don't hurt me too badly when I forget or become too busy to work you out every day like I should.

Now, I have to move to my bones - I have given you sufficient milk and vitamin D to keep you strong. Occasionally you have given me some grief but for the most part good work and supporting the rest of this body.

Ok, now I'm giving special attention to the ankle area, specifically the R... you know who you are. Alright through my childhood and teenage years and a small bit in to the twenties I wasn't as kind to you. Made you keep going when you hurt and ached but I had you fixed and reconstructed back to brand new. Now you have decided to punish me. After another pop and a few cracks. I have finally given you your rest that you need. I have continually put ice on you and elevated you above the heart. I have actually taken the dr's advice and rested for 8 whole days!! This is pushed way beyond any rest time I have had, including my 2 c-sections, and I am being good to you. I have stayed off my foot as little as possible. Let my house go to griminess, my poor carpet had to go 7 days without a vacuum!!! I won't talk about the poor neglected kitchen and laundry patiently waiting its turn.

You have proved enough...I have been as patient as God has made me - even calling upon Him to give me more patience. I'm not sure how much longer you need but it is time for you to shape up. No more throbbing and swelling the moment I stop resting you, it is annoyance and it needs to stop. I know you are important and I appreciate you. I am promising to be sweet to you. Now hurry up and heal.

Love, Me

1 comments:

TwinMint said...

Let's see if it will let me comment this time...

Super-cute post! I really hope you get up and running soon. I'm sure this will all be a dim memory before you know it. :)

Post a Comment