This is a way over due post... :-) I haven't even had a chance to post about Christmas, which was LOVELY!! For those who want to see pics...sorry this is just typed stuff this morning. :-)
Ok, I have a job now which that in itself was purely lead and directed by God Himself. He has given me a peace that I hadn't had before about a job and I know this is what I need to be doing right now. On top of that HE worked EVERYTHING OUT for Steven and Joshua. That in itself is an extra sweet blessing and a longer story but to get to it... Joshua is in the 3 year old class at the same school as Steven and where my heart had wanted him to go. :-)
I'm working for my dad with his Staffing business, my job basically is to bring in business. :-) I have a fancy title, Account Executive but I'm really helping companies decided they need us to help them with their HR solutions. This job is really a FULL time gig but after going over some options, my dad and I agreed I could come into the office around 7 and leave at 4. It's still a full time thing just earlier.
Now to my 5:00 am part of my title. Oh my, it is one thing to be awaken by your sweet boys at the "Godly" hour *or I like how my brother says it... The butt-crack of dawn. :-) I know crude but I still find it funny and it makes me chuckle each time, like now. - Anyway, there is a complete difference of getting up super early, sleepily going down the stairs in your jammies while your littlest one tells you good morning and what he wants to do right now. *with Joshua it is quite a list each morning. :-) * Casually make breakfast and wait for your eldest to come down, it's usually within mins of each other. Sit on the couch and cuddle with which ever child wants to, if feeling inspired go ahead and throw some laundry in, tidy up the kitchen, get the boys ready for the day, take your time and enjoy that your up early enough not to be late. *Now, before lightening strikes - this happens most of the time but not all there have been some glorious days where I get to sleep in until 7 before a munchkin opens their eyes. It doesn't seem like work but I classify it.
Now the difference, getting up at 5:00ish...My stubborn rebel side wants to steal as many minutes as I can before I succumb to actually getting up. :-) Getting cleaned up - no time for lounging jammies, get dressed professionally - because what you wear makes an impression on who I see today - I know it should always but there you go - Help my fabulous Husband, with Breakfast it's 50/50. Check to make sure Steven is up, bring the boys clothes downstairs and put them in separate spots (I do this because in the past, our kitties see clothes laid out and think it's their personal shedding spot) :-) just in case Steve has to dress them, which lately he has. Check to make sure Steven has put his Homework Binder back into his backpack, remember does he have martial arts today? Oh, have a back up pair of clothes for each boy just in case there is some kind of spilling deal. *I do this to help Steve out :-) *
Give kisses to a crying boy- I don't want to go to school, my school is over, I want to stay with you. Thankfully yesterday was a break and he just confirmed, you're going to pick me up after your work and after my school is over? Several times this was asked and sweetly I cuddled him and reassured him. :-) Give kisses to a boy who lately have not been breathing well - giving out last minute instructions to my honey and of course my last kiss and attempt to be out the door by 6:30 am. Don't get me started on the inch of frost covering the car for the last 9 days. :-) (for those in a snowy state, I know you have it worse but this is the SUNSHINE State - 60 is Fridged to me. )
Ok, this is getting long... I'll cut this part shorter... For those who know me well, I DO NOT drink coffee. Even when my youngest was born and I was really struggling with lots of lack of sleep and seriously contemplating coffee to help keep me going. I didn't. Although my sweet husband went so far as to actually buy me a coffee maker. :-) Which was returned a little bit later. Anyway, on our 10 wedding anniversary last year, my husband and I tried some coffee with hazel nut creamer (Steve doesn't drink coffee either but occasionally he does and it doesn't have an adverse effect on him like me :-P_) Let's just say I finally understood why people drink coffee, it was yummy. When we got back home, I got all set to make coffee in the morning and by the second day I had the worse headache ever and swore the stuff off. Yes, it was that bad.
So, because of my hours, I have succumbed once again to the wonderful aroma of coffee, with hot chocolate powder, splenda, and one serving on french vanilla creamer and it is delicious!!! With a small head ache or two last week but nothing like before. Anyway, I know one day I will look back on this new addiction and wish I never started it, since I've made it these last 32 years with out this wonderful beverage. Yes, I'm hooked. :-)
One last thing....Cream cheese and bagels... Last week, if you put those two words together in a sentence, you could almost see me virtually cringe. Yuck!! But like new things, if you haven't had your breakfast and you were too nervous the night before to eat much of anything, you look at the now toasted bagel, wishing you had a little bit of butter or jelly but you have cream cheese. So with a see through layer of cream cheese on my toasted bagel, I took a bite expecting to be repulsed and I was shocking not!! I actually like it. Great, now I'm a coffee addict and I like cream cheese on a bagel, these are not habits I need to be making. So, it is maybe once a week for the now enjoyed bagel and darn it, I can't help but make me a cup of coffee each morning. I will say, the day before I didn't make one and I was ok. :-)
Well, it's my time to go - it's now a little past 5:00 am and I need to start my day again. :-) Thankfully I can take it easy today because Steve is home with the boys for teacher planning day and I don't have to ensure all extra instructions... I should just write them down but I fear they will be over looked. :-) No words of wisdom today just enjoy your day!
SUCH PATIENCE IS IN LOVE
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment